TEASIG Webinar Series
Most recent webinar: Michael Fields presented on ‘Using Item Analysis to Improve Test Reliability on Tuesday 26th November 2019.
You can access the webinar recording here.
Details of previous webinars can be found on the Previous TEASIG webinars page.
Testing, Evaluation and Assessment Special Interest Group Pre-Conference Event
1 April 2019, IATEFL Annual Conference, Liverpool
“Authenticity in Assessment of Productive Skills”
- What is authenticity and why is it important in test task design?
- How do we match the skills from authentic communication with test constructs?
- How do we balance authenticity and practicality in test development?
- How do we as teachers source and introduce our students to authentic tasks?
- Using the CEFR what productive skills are important in maintaining authenticity?
- Where does authenticity fit into formative and summative assessment?
- How is authenticity and test validity linked and how can we prove it?
- Is authenticity directly linked to test usefulness and washback?
- What tools do we have to help us source authentic language?
In this 2-part PCE our experts answered the questions above and more in their presentations and hands-on workshops to aid and assist teachers source and prepare their students for learning of speaking and writing language in real-world communication. They demonstrated how to integrate authenticity into both classroom assessment and larger scale test development in order to bridge the gap between what students learn and what they will use in their target language use domain – the real world that is!!
Speakers (Plenaries and Workshops)
- John Pill, Lancaster University:
- Plenary – Authenticity in Assessment: What does it mean?
- Workshop – Finding a Balance between Authenticity and Practicality in Test Development
- JOHN PILL presentation
- Sian Morgan, and Andrew Kitney, Cambridge English:
- Plenary & Workshop – Authenticity: Turning Theory into Tasks
- SIAN MORGAN&ANDREW KITNEY presentation
- Dana Gablasova, Lancaster University:
- Plenary – Computer-Aided Approach to Language Testing
- Workshop – Corpus Analysis of Language for Testing Purposes
- DANA GABLASOVA presentation
For full details of the presenters and their abstracts, click here.
Presentations coming soon where available…