TEASIG is a professional body for the needs and interests of members of IATEFL in connection with testing, evaluation and assessment in all areas of English language teaching. TEASIG aims to connect teachers and experts worldwide
TEASIG is a part of IATEFL, so in order to become a member of TEASIG you first have to become a member of IATEFL and select TEASIG as your special interest group during the registration process.
This site is your door to TEASIG and your way of connecting to people, resources and ideas across our fields.
Join TEASIG and find out more!
Mehvar Ergun and Ceyda Mutlu, TEASIG Joint Coordinators
New publication: The Best of TEASIG Volume 1
We are delighted to announce the publication of this collection of selected articles from TEASIG Newsletters between 1992 and 2001.
We hope you enjoy reading (and reminiscing) and we’ll be back with news on Volume 2 later in the year.
Next TEASIG webinar:
Announcement coming soon on the next TEASIG webinar in 2019
Further details will be available on the Forthcoming Events page.
Next TEASIG event: To Be Announced
Watch this space for details of our autumn event.
Latest TEASIG event: IATEFL 2019 Pre-Conference Event
1 April 2019, IATEFL Annual Conference, Liverpool
“Authenticity in Assessment of Productive Skills”
- What is authenticity and why is it important in test task design?
- How do we match the skills from authentic communication with test constructs?
- How do we balance authenticity and practicality in test development?
- How do we as teachers source and introduce our students to authentic tasks?
- Using the CEFR what productive skills are important in maintaining authenticity?
- Where does authenticity fit into formative and summative assessment?
- How is authenticity and test validity linked and how can we prove it?
- Is authenticity directly linked to test usefulness and washback?
- What tools do we have to help us source authentic language?
In this two-part PCE our experts answered the questions above and more in their presentations and hands-on workshops to aid and assist teachers source and prepare their students for learning of speaking and writing language in real-world communication. They demonstrated how to integrate authenticity into both classroom assessment and larger scale test development in order to bridge the gap between what students learn and what they will use in their target language use domain – the real world that is!!
Latest TEASIG webinar
Most recent webinar: Rudi Camerer from elc-European Language Competence on 19th February – ‘A CEFR Special – The new Companion Volume highlighted’
Details of earlier webinars can be found on the Previous TEASIG webinars page.
IATEFL TEASIG runs a spotlight of one or two members in each issue of TEA Today. If you would like to be “interviewed”, just answer the questions on the TEA Today page and send your answers to the Editors. TEASIG Member Spotlight features will be included in forthcoming issues.